One-Shot: Harry Potter: "His Golden Locks"
Sep. 1st, 2010 09:42 amDISCLAIMER: I don't own anything you recognize, it belongs to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., and whoever else has a piece of the Harry Potter pie. No Copyright infringement intended.
His Golden Locks
by
Le_Reves
Summary: One-Shot. Slash Pairing. Albus Severus reflects on his feelings for a certain metamorphagus.
Pairing: Albus Severus Potter and Teddy Lupin
Rating: T (Wasn't sure, so I did T just to be safe)
Word Count: 1,635
Written: Tuesday, April 21, 2009
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
His shaggy black hair was thoroughly windswept, and the bright emerald eyes seemed more than a little wild. As he sat on the bench in his grandparents back garden, there was something that weighed heavily on his heart. The person he loved more than anything else in the world, was the one he'd never be able to have. His god brother Teddy Lupin.
His very straight god brother what would happen if anyone found out? Al shuddered at the mere thought of it. Would Teddy hate him? What about the family? Not that anyone was ever gonna know, no, Albus planned to take his secret to the grave. Besides, Teddy was engaged, to Victoire. That made the knife in his heart twist just a smidgen more. Tori was gorgeous, part Veela, and Al's cousin, of all the girls, why her? And when they had perfect children, Albus would be obligated to ooh and ahh, like a doting uncle.
He wasn't exactly sure when he'd fallen in love with the metamorphagus. Maybe he'd always felt this way. He knew he'd begun to understand after Teddy's grandmother had passed away and the older boy had come live with them.
Not many people had ever been graced with the chance to see Teddy's real face. Most had only ever seen the shockingly bright hair, or the wacky facial features. Albus was one of the few who'd ever seen the golden brown locks and the blue eyes, the color of the Caribbean Sea. And Al loved them, to no end. He hated that Victoire got the same privilege, in his mind she wasn't worthy of Teddy or his beauty, but obviously his god brother disagreed.
As the sun began to set, down beyond the hills, and the temperature started to drop, Albus had one thing on his mind. Teddy.
He sat there for at least another twenty minutes before he heard Grandma Molly call that dinner was served. Albus, however, wasn't feeling the least bit hungry. The fact that Teddy and Victoire would be sitting next to each other, did nothing to help his appetite. But, he knew that if he didn't go in, his grandmother would send someone to find him. So after steeling himself for the sight he knew awaited him, Albus rose from his spot on the bench, and headed to the door.
"Oh, Albus dear, there you are. I was about to send Teddy out to fetch you." Grandma Molly said as she set the last bowl of food onto the long, worn table, with a smile on her plump face.
Albus looked around at all the faces as he sat down. There was Uncle Bill and Aunt Fleur with Dominique and Louis. Uncle Percy with Aunt Audrey and little Molly and Lucy. Uncle George and Aunt Angelina, looking frustrated with Freddie and Roxanne. Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione, arguing quietly with one another, while Rose and Hugo rolled their eyes. His parents sat staring into one another's eyes, he'd always found it sweet that even after all they'd been through, they could still act like lovesick teenagers. On either side of him were his brother and sister, James looking semi-bored, probably wishing he was next to Freddie, planning some prank. Uncle Charlie hadn't been able to get the time off from the new dragon reserve he managed in China, but they all knew he sent his love. And finally, there they were, the golden couple, as the family had begun to teasingly call them.
Teddy was looking kind of dejectedly at his plate, while Victoire was looking even more bored than James. Could there be trouble in Paradise?
After dinner was cleared and everyone was enjoying some of Grandma Molly's homemade apple pie, James stood up and cleared his throat, stopping all the other conversations.
“What is it dear?” Gran asked.
“I just wanted to tell everyone that at the next Sunday dinner, I'm bringing someone with me. Her name is Anastasia, she lives in a flat downstairs from mine. She knows I'm a wizard, so it's ok to use magic around her.” with that Albus watched as his brother sat back down. To say everyone was shocked was an understatement. James had never brought a girl home to meet their parents, now he was bringing one to meet the entire family at once! Merlin save her. Then Rose stood up...
“I'm dating Scorpius Malfoy.” she sat down and clapped her hand over her mouth, her eyes bulging.
“WHAT?!?!” bellowed Uncle Ron. Al almost felt bad for Rose, but she had kept her relationship with his best friend a secret. But Albus knew he had to do something.
“I'm gay” he said sheepishly, it seemed no one had heard him except his siblings, who sat staring at him with their mouths gaping. So he made a decision, stood up, and said loud enough to be heard over the noise. “I'm gay!” well that got their attention, he thought wryly, as twenty-four heads turned in his direction.
“Al?” his father asked, obviously confused.
“It's true dad, I like blokes, I'm sorry.”
“What are you sorry about?” the savior of the wizarding world asked, even more puzzled now.
“For being a disappointment” Albus looked down and started to cry. “I mean first I got sorted into Slytherin, and now I'm a raging homo.” he sobbed out. He was sure this was the part where his father would tell him he was a disgrace to the Potter family name. Suddenly he felt a pair of arms wrap around him, and looked up into the eyes, so like his own, of his father.
“Albus, the only way you could disappoint me, would be if you became the next Voldemort. I don't want you to ever feel like you have to hide who you are.” Harry put his hands on his son's cheeks and smiled. It was then that Al looked around and noticed all the faces that looked supportive (and thankful, on Rose's part), except one. Teddy sat, staring at his hands. Albus could feel his heart shattering, he had known his god brother would never love him, but this made it real. And it hurt, that even though he was still the same person, Teddy hated him just because he was gay.
“Thanks, would it be ok if I go home? I'm not feeling very well.” Albus asked, after receiving permission, and saying his goodbyes, he stepped into the fireplace. The last thing he heard was...
“Rose Marie Weasley, don't think you're off the hook yet.” before he threw down the floo powder while clearly saying “Number twelve Grimmauld Place.”
Walking upstairs, he stopped in front of Teddy's bedroom. Figuring it was safe, he quietly opened the door and slipped inside. This was something he did frequently whenever the older boy was away.
He sat down on the red and gold bedspread and stared at the photograph that sat on the nightstand. It showed Teddy and Al goofing off in front of the camera at Albus' graduation.
Albus laid on his side and clutched the pillow to his chest, his legs curled up into his body. Silent sobs wracked his body, with every breath he inhaled Teddy's scent, and it only worsened the pain.
Why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't he have fallen in love with someone who would love him back?
“Al?” his head whipped up at the sound of the voice, any feeling of vertigo was ignored. He sat the pillow down and stood up.
“Sorry Teddy, I just figured since you probably won't want anything to do with me now...”
“What? Why wouldn't I want anything to do with you?” Teddy asked, cocking his head to the side, in that adorable way Albus loved.
“You couldn't even stand to look at me when I told everyone.” Al looked at the picture again, wishing he could go back in time. When he turned back, it was to see that the metamorphagus had replaced the Weasley red hair he'd been wearing with his real hair color, and had a look of sadness upon his face.
“I didn't mean to make you think that I hated you Al. I could never hate you.”
“But...”
“Al, I hate myself! For two years I've been in love with someone, but I figured I didn't have a chance in Hell of getting them. No, please listen.” Teddy said before Albus could interrupt. “So I took the easy road, I did what was always expected. I asked Tori out, eventually proposed. But I never stopped loving that person. Now the chances are better.” Al was completely bewildered, why was Teddy telling him this? Had the girl he loved broken up with her boyfriend or something? When Teddy saw the look on his face he laughed, one of those laughs that makes you feel almost as good as hot chocolate on a cold day. “Ally, it's you. I love you.”
“What? You can't love me, you're straight, you like birds.” Albus sat down hard in the desk chair. How had Teddy found out? Was he so heartless that he would pull this joke on him?
“Well I do like birds, but I love you. Al, if there's no chance of us, just tell me, and I'll go back to Victoire.”
“Teddy, please tell me this isn't some stupid joke you and James cooked up.” Albus said as tears once again began to roll down his cheeks.
“Albus Severus Potter, this isn't a joke. I love you, I promise.” Teddy said as he knelt down in front of the chair and took Al's hands in his own.
“Teddy, I love you too. I was so scared you hated me.”
“Never Ally.”
“I love you” they said simultaneously.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~The End~
A/N: Please review, even if it's to criticize :) Thanks, Le_Reves.